Monday, September 12, 2011

On the Road Again

Well this Sunday I had to fly to Chicago for work (left around one) so Sunday Supper was just Kz. Before I left I made a big pot of chili for her that she could use for many meals. Sunday night - chili with caramel roll left over from brunch. Monday - chili over jasmine rice. Tuesday - chili over noodles. Of course when I got here I went out with the team and had salad, prime rib and a twice baked potato!

I came up with this chili recipe Thursday -NFL opening - night and just used what I had on hand. It turned out tasty and I even remembered what I put in it.

menu
todd's new chili
leftover caramel roll


todd's new chili
ingredients
1/2 lb sausage (i use bob evans original)
1/2 lb burger
1 red pepper, diced
2 small shallots, diced
2 medium fresh tomatoes, diced
1 can tomato sauce
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can chili beans
1 c salsa, medium
12 oz can of beer
1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 - 1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
salt
pepper
garlic infused olive oil (from the oilerie)

directions
In a dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat, Add pork and beef in crumbles. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Next add peppers and shallots, cook 5 minutes more. Add 1/2 tbsp chili powder, salt and pepper, cook a few more minutes. Add fresh diced tomatoes and cook a few minutes more. Next add the tomato sauce, salsa, beer, beans, the rest of the chili powder, cumin, italian seasoning and paprika. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove cover (add water to get to desired consistency) cook over low until ready to serve.



Enjoy!
Cheers from the Gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment